Industry Fellowship: Medical Information/Affairs, Regulatory Affairs, Marketing - Industry/Fellowship Experience
- To provide a structured environment for acquisition of knowledge and experience in the provision of drug information services.
- To develop teaching skills through participation in formal and informal training of pharmacy students, pharmacists, and other health care professionals.
- To develop knowledge about the organizational structure and function of departments and divisions within a pharmaceutical company.
- To develop writing skills through activities such as preparation of written responses to drug information requests, review articles, and research results for publication.
- To develop research skills through the development, completion, and presentation of a fellowship research project.
- To provide the fellow with a sense of professional responsibility through interactions with other health care practitioners and involvement in professional pharmaceutical organizations.
- To develop oral presentation skills by preparing and delivering a fellowship project presentation at both fellowship sites (PCP and MCH) as well as regional and national professional meetings.
Other Opportunities in Pharmaceutical Industry
Participation on cross-functional teams will allow the fellow to learn from internal professionals in many areas of the company, including research and development, sales, business development, public relations, drug safety and legal. Opportunities are also available for collaboration with external experts and stakeholders.
Meetings with the following key business partners are strongly recommended to further enhance the fellows’ knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry. Participation in projects in support of these areas is open to the fellow with facilitation by the preceptor.
Customer Contact Center
Quality Sciences & Compliance
Professional Sales (in the field)
Research & Development
- Drug Information Association Medical Communications Workshop
- American Society of Health-System Pharmacists
- Eastern States Residency Conference
- Ad hoc Professional meetings