Industry Fellowship: Medical Information, Clinical Practice Industry/Fellowship Experience
- To provide a structured environment for acquisition of knowledge and experience in the provision of drug information services.
- To develop teaching skills through participation in formal and informal training of pharmacy students, pharmacists, and other health care professionals.
- To develop knowledge about the organizational structure and function of departments and divisions within a pharmaceutical company.
- To develop writing skills through activities such as preparation of written responses to drug information requests, review articles, and research results for publication.
- To develop research skills through the development, completion, and presentation of a fellowship research project.
- To provide the fellow with a sense of professional responsibility through interactions with other health care practitioners and involvement in professional pharmaceutical organizations.
- To develop oral presentation skills by preparing and delivering a fellowship project presentation at both fellowship sites (PCP and JSA) as well as regional and national professional meetings.
Other Opportunities in Pharmaceutical Industry
Meetings with the following key business partners are strongly recommended to further enhance the fellows’ knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry. Participation in projects in support of these areas is open to the fellow with facilitation by the preceptor.
Customer Contact Center
Medical Science Liaisons
Professional Sales (in the field)
Quality Sciences & Compliance
- Drug Information Association Medical Communications Workshop
- American Society of Health-System Pharmacists
- Eastern States Residency Conference
- Ad hoc Professional meetings